Our litigation department has extensive experience in handling a wide spectrum of disputes, which are either litigated through the courts or settled by alternative dispute resolution such as negotiation or mediation.
We regularly handle a wide range of disputes and we can provide practical and specialist advice with the aim of resolving your dispute.
Our services include the following areas:
- Personal Injury
- Property Disputes
- Professional Negligence
- Debt recovery
Contact our team of civil litigation solicitors today and we will ensure your case is handled by an experienced lawyer, with specialist knowledge of the area of law directly relating to your case. You will be provided with one point of contact for the duration of the legal process, who will update you on the progress of your case as regularly as possible.
|Debt Recovery||£246 p/h plus VAT|
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
• The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
• Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
• The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
• Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
• Undertaking appropriate searches
• Sending a letter before action
• Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
• Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
• When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
Matters usually take from 4 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.